Sunday Worship Guidelines
After the third lockdown in early 2021 we will open again for Sunday worship on Sunday 28 March at 10.30am. The services will still be livestreamed on Facebook and YouTube.
We will have a short service of Holy Communion around 11.45am on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month. These will not be livestreamed.
Please note the following rules will apply in line with Government guidelines:
1. Social distancing (at least 2m) throughout the service (including on entry and exit),
2. Wearing of face covering mandatory,
3. No corporate singing, although we will be projecting the songs and lyrics on screen,
4. No mingling before, during or after the service,
5. No refreshments before or after the service,
6. No toilet facilities, unless needed for an emergency,
7. No Bibles or hymn books or bulletins, although you can bring your own Bible,
8. No sharing the peace during the service,
9. Communion will consist of wafers only, which Revd Martijn will distribute with everyone remaining seated (i.e. no distribution at the rail),
10. Doors may be left open to increase ventilation, which may leave the church colder than usual,
11. NHS Test and Trace will require us to take your name and contact number, which we will need to keep for 21 days.
If you are attending the service then please also consider the following:
Please wash your hands before you leave your house,
Bring your own hand gel (although we do have hand gel available at various locations in church),
Bring your own Bible if you would like to follow the readings and talk,
Seating at the side and back of church (where we don't have pews) will be reserved for young families with babies/toddlers/children. There are tables and chairs set out with crafts and colouring for each table. Parents with babies or toddlers may also like to bring your own mats, toys, etc.
Children are encouraged to join in the service and are given a worksheet with games, activities and questions to complete during the short all-age talk. The service includes songs suitable for children,
There will be no offering taken during the service, but donations and offerings can be placed in the wooden box on leaving the church,
NOTE: If you show symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell) then please self-isolate at home with other members of your household and do not attend church as you pose a risk to others.
Please ring Revd Martijn on 07595 613832 if you have any questions about worship in church on Sundays.