Sunday Worship Guidelines
After many weeks of lockdown and meeting online we have started opening church again for Sunday worship at 10.30am. The services will still be livestreamed on Facebook and YouTube.
We will have a short service of Holy Communion around 11.45am on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month. These will not be livestreamed.
Please note the following rules will apply in line with Government guidelines:
1. Social distancing (at least 2m) throughout the service (including on entry and exit),
2. Wearing of face covering mandatory,
3. No corporate singing, although we will be projecting the songs and lyrics on screen,
4. No mingling before, during or after the service,
5. No refreshments before or after the service,
6. No toilet facilities, unless needed for an emergency,
7. No Bibles or hymn books or bulletins, although you can bring your own Bible,
8. No sharing the peace during the service,
9. Communion will consist of wafers only, which Revd Martijn will distribute with everyone remaining seated (i.e. no distribution at the rail),
10. Doors will be left open to increase ventilation, which may leave the church colder than usual,
11. NHS Test and Trace will require us to take your name and contact number, which we will need to keep for 21 days.
If you are attending the service then please also consider the following:
Please wash your hands before you leave your house,
Bring your own hand gel (although we will have hand gel available at various locations in church),
Bring your own Bible if you would like to follow the readings,
Seating at the back of church (where we used to have refreshments) will be reserved for young families with babies/toddlers/children. Children will be able to attend Kids Church with Sam (our Children, Youth and Families worker) after the Kids' slot and Reading (about 20min into the service). Kids Church will be in the Alpha Rooms and parents are welcome to join their children so long as social distancing is maintained. Children will be brought back into church before the service finishes,
Parents with babies or toddlers please bring your own mats, toys, etc and avoid sharing these with other toddlers. You may prefer to join the service up to the reading and then leave church at the same time as the children and catch up with one another outside. You can then still follow the teaching in your own time on Facebook or YouTube later,
There will be no offering taken during the service, but donations and offerings can be placed in the wooden box on leaving the church,
NOTE: If you show symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell) then please self-isolate at home with other members of your household and do not attend church as you pose a risk to others.
Please also note that current Government guidelines states that “Certain groups of people may be at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19, including people who are aged 70 or older, regardless of medical conditions. Individuals who fall within this group are advised to stay at home as much as possible and, if they do go out, to take particular care to minimise contact with others outside of their household.”
Please ring Revd Martijn on 07595 613832 if you have any questions about worship in church on Sundays.